Medicus Kickstarter* - A PROJECT BY STUDENTS FOR STUDENTS
The Dean‘s Office of Studies and the Association of International Medical Students (AIMS) concretely encourages Diversity and Equal Opportunities through the Project Medicus Kickstarter at the Faculty of Medicine at the University of Cologne.
Medicus Kickstarter * offers students with non-German educational biographies, (post-) migrant students and students of the first generation (at the university) social and emotional support. The project consists of the following core elements:
- Events on study-related topics.
- Peer mentoring and learning groups.
- Exchange with experienced student mentors, fellow students, lecturers and doctors.
- Establishment of a social network at the medical faculty.
- Individual peer advice for personal challenges.
The aim: To create an academic home for everyone who experiences the human medical specialist, learning and examination culture as a challenge.
- Project leader: Dr. Houda Hallal (Dean‘s Office), hhallal[at]uni-koeln.de
- Vice leader: Shreyasi Bhattacharya (AIMS), shreyashi.bhattacharya[at]uk-koeln.de